Thursday, July 19, 2012

Beef Enchiladas

I had every intention of being a good blogger... well I am not ...yet! But I will attempt to put something up at least every other day.

I knew the day was going to be crazy, lots of orders to paint for the biz, and the never ending carpool for my daughter. So I got out the crockpot and this is what I came up with, now this is my own made up version but it was yummy.



Here is what I did:

Into a crockpot:
3-4 lb beef roast
1 pkg fajita mix
1 cup water
1 T cajun seasoning


Cook on low 6-8 hours until meat breaks apart.
When finished saute 1 chopped onion in olive oil.


                        Spread 8 tortillas with cream cheese

                                       
                                              layer onions



                                          Top with beef & chopped fresh cilantro


                             Now shredded cheddar cheese

In a 13x9 pan cover the bottom with the juice from the crockpot meat. Roll up tortillas & place on top.

 Mix together:

1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can of milk
1 can diced green chiles

Pour over rolled tortillas.



Top with any leftover onions & 1 cup cheddar cheese.
Bake covered with foil in a preheated oven; 350 degrees for 30 minutes until hot & bubbly and the cheese has melted. Uncover,
broil 3-5 minutes until top is lightly brown.


Serve with sour cream, chopped avocados & jalapenos 
                                 "Buen provecho." ( I hope you enjoy)

No comments:

Post a Comment