Thursday, August 8, 2013

Watermelon, Feta, Salad with Lime Vinaigrette

I think with the humidity today the outside temperature felt like 100 degrees and where was I ???...on the tennis court.  I am certain it was 150 degrees, we played hard for 1.5 hours at noon!  Crazy but fun and good exercise!! When I returned I knew I wanted something light & nutritious.  So I came up with this salad of mixed baby greens, chopped watermelon, fresh cilantro & feta cheese. I used the lime vinaigrette left over from our fish tacos. Here is my salad recipe:

 
Salad Mix:
 

~Baby spring mix
~Cubed watermelon
~Sheep's milk feta cheese
~Thinly sliced red onion (not much just a few slivers for flavor)
~chopped fresh cilantro or basil
 
My lunch serving was about 2 cups greens & 3/4 cup watermelon, 2 Tbls. crumbled feta,  & 1 tbls. cilantro
Mix the above in a bowl  & toss with:
 
Vinaigrette:


~Juice of 1 lime
~1 Tbls. white wine vinegar
~3 Tbls. olive oil
~ 1 tsp. sugar
~ 1 tsp. honey
~ 1/8 tsp. coriander
~ 1/8 tsp. cumin
~ salt & pepper to taste

Whisk the above together. This makes way more than needed for a serving.

Make as much salad as you are hungry for! Drizzle with vinaigrette ( use very little dressing, the watermelon adds juice & flavor as well)

 
 
 
Enjoy!
 
XOXO,
Pamela

No comments:

Post a Comment