Saturday, August 3, 2013

The Longest Yard Sale

I have been wanting to spend a few hours at the "world's longest yard sale" and each year it comes & I miss it. Not this time, I talked hubby Dave into giving me a few hours of good quality time together.                         
 
I knew he was excited to go!


 

After about 30 minutes we saw a few yard sales but didn't look worthy of a stop until this one...a big field with oh let's say 30 tents! I can honestly bigger isn't better. Most of what we found at the most exciting stop of all (our first) was tons of glassware, McDonald toys, kiddie, clothes etc. Nothing good for us.
 
 

The next stop included a school lot, and about 10 homes on 127. I was certain this was the place...
 
 

 Especially after finding these interesting tokens and old photos. (Yikes)
 This definitely was the stop. I found a great console table and I walked away to think on it; Duh! Experienced yardies know you never, ever walk away to make a decision, because guess what the next guy didn't think and he bought my table!
 Not sure how clear the photo is but the dog did brighten my spirits.




 See we are still smiling, wait...
 is Dave's finger pointing to my head like a gun? :)
 Yup it is!





Resting on the river banks.



 The clouds were starting roll in and I still wanted to shop but did Hubby?




 Hands on his hips, look he's thinking about shopping again:)


 Moving in the right direction


Ok he made a deal, I had to first go look at some property on the river. Like I would live this far from civilization!




 And he was hungry!
 Great pulled pork sandwich...nice guy he gave me one little bite.
 In the end he offered to buy me a new convertible! If I was 3 maybe!
 We had a great day, saw lots of fun (interesting) things, bought nothing but a pork sandwich, and learned a good lesson if you find what you are looking for buy it...or the guy behind you will.

 
 
XOXO
Pamela
:)))
 

No comments:

Post a Comment