Sunday, October 20, 2013

The Big Salad...YUM!

If I could pick one thing to live off,  it would be the salad. I have always referred my own personal salad as "The Big Salad" named solely after Elaine from Seinfeld.
I love finding specialty vinegars & oils to use in my dressings. Never, Ever from a bottle. I have yet to find a bottled dressing that I can actually swallow.


This is my latest fall salad creation.

 
I always use fruits in season for my salads, this ensures the freshest flavors.
 
Buy your own cute perfect size salad bowl, my big personal bowl measures 7 inches by 3.5 inches...that's a lot of salad!
 
Special vinegar and oils.
 
Here is my latest, greatest salad recipe:

 
 
I only make small amounts of dressing, toss only the greens, & top with fruits, nuts, & cheese.
 
Dressing:
1 tsp. honey apple vinegar
2 tsp. olive oil
small squirt of honey
1/2 tsp Dijon vinegar
salt & pepper to taste
~whisk together and toss with spinach, add a few drizzles at a time.. nothing worse than soggy greens.
 
The Toppings ( best part)
 
crumbled blue cheese
chopped oranges
chopped apples
chopped avocado
toasted pecan pieces
squeeze a small drizzle of juice from the orange.
 
 

Slowly disappearing until....
I have reached the bottom!
 
Only one word describes my "Big Salad"...
 
YUM!!!!!
 
Make it a great day.....Build a Big Salad!
 
 
Enjoy & Bon Appetit!!
 
xoxo,
Pamela




No comments:

Post a Comment