Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Pinterest Pin...Lofthouse Peanut Butter Cookies

Lofthouse Peanut Butter Chip Cookies
 
I have made many recipes found & pinned to my Pinterest Board, Just Desserts. Some work, some I edit to make them taste better. This recipe was perfect as is, straight from the blog,  Averie Cooks.

 
The Recipe:
 
Cookies:
1 egg
1/2 cup unsalted softened butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 3/4 cup cake flour ( no exceptions)
2 tsp cornstarch
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
10 oz bag Reese's Peanut Butter Chips
 
Peanut Butter Frosting
 
1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
1/4 cup unsalted softened butter
1 1/2 cups confectioner's sugar
pinch of salt
1-2 tbls cream as needed ( I used half & half)
chocolate sprinkles ( I did not use)
 
Directions:
 
Cookies:
1.With a mixer cream together first 5 ingredients until light & fluffy about 5 minutes.
 
2. Scrape down bowl & add next 5 ingredients until incorporated; about 1 min; don't over mix.
 
3. Mix in peanut butter chips. Dough will be sticky.
 
4. Using a 2 inch cookie scoop  ( I used a 1 inch; made 28) refrigerate for 3 hours. Do not bake warm dough they will flatten.
 
5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheet with a Silpat.  Place cookie mounds on baking sheet 2 inch apart ( I did 3 per row with a 1 tablespoon cookie scoop ). Bake 8-10 minutes until edges are set. Don't over bake ... nothing worse than a dry cookie!!!
 
6. Let cool completely before icing cookies.
 
 
 
To make icing whip peanut butter & softened butter until blended; slowly add confectioner's sugar. Add 1 tbls cream more if needed. (I used about 2 1/2 Tablespoons half & half).
 
*** I was in a hurry to bake these, after scooping the cookie dough balls, I placed them on a sheet of wax paper in my freezer for about 10 minutes. Worked perfectly! My cookies baked about 11-12 min. Slightly longer than if just chilled.
 
 
 
Excellent cookies. These are very addicting!
 
Make it a great Day...Bake a Batch of cookies!
 
Enjoy!
XOXO
Pamela
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment